WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

telnames and seo

Share
avatar
hulltv
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-07-05
Posts : 251 Points : 7039
Reputation : 64
Warning level : 75 %

telnames and seo

Post by hulltv on Thu 29 Nov 2012, 9:34 am

how do you get telnames doing well on google search....

if you have to add fresh content what google likes your a little stuck

any ideas!


___________________________________________________
Unlock your phone APPS.TELL
avatar
Telnamer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-09-12
Posts : 138 Points : 3294
Reputation : 52
Warning level : 100 %

Re: telnames and seo

Post by Telnamer on Thu 29 Nov 2012, 9:53 am

Sell an extraordinary product or service on your telname that draws attention.
Make tweets on Twitter for your telname.
Insert links to your telname on your other websites.
Write on public forums and blogs and link to your telname.
Share your telname on social networks and talk about it as much as possible.
Apply for publishing your telname in directories.
Ask Telnames for using your telname as featured .tel of the week and on their Pinterest site.
Use you telname in your daily correspondence and in your signatures.
Increase the number of incoming visitors by advertising your telname.
Wait and hope that .tel will become a success and that search engines will give better rankings to .tel in general (or that special search engines for .tel will be created).
avatar
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Location : Dorset UK
Join date : 2012-06-11
Posts : 2225 Points : 45297
Reputation : 836
Warning level : 100 %

Re: telnames and seo

Post by mikeseaton on Thu 29 Nov 2012, 10:41 am

Telnamer wrote:Sell an extraordinary product or service on your telname that draws attention.
Make tweets on Twitter for your telname.
Insert links to your telname on your other websites.
Write on public forums and blogs and link to your telname.
Share your telname on social networks and talk about it as much as possible.
Apply for publishing your telname in directories.
Ask Telnames for using your telname as featured .tel of the week and on their Pinterest site.
Use you telname in your daily correspondence and in your signatures.
Increase the number of incoming visitors by advertising your telname.
Wait and hope that .tel will become a success and that search engines will give better rankings to .tel in general (or that special search engines for .tel will be created).
@Telnamer - Good post above re Telnames SEO !

Re the Telnames Search Engine please click here

http://MikeSeaton.tel


___________________________________________________
Domain Sales: Sedo
eBay Shop: Mike 321 UK
Search Engines: Web | Video | Facebook | Google+ | Pinterest | Tel | Twitter
avatar
Boracay
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-11-07
Posts : 243 Points : 6937
Reputation : 92
Warning level : 100 %

Re: telnames and seo

Post by Boracay on Fri 30 Nov 2012, 2:21 am

mikeseaton wrote:
Telnamer wrote:Sell an extraordinary product or service on your telname that draws attention.
Make tweets on Twitter for your telname.
Insert links to your telname on your other websites.
Write on public forums and blogs and link to your telname.
Share your telname on social networks and talk about it as much as possible.
Apply for publishing your telname in directories.
Ask Telnames for using your telname as featured .tel of the week and on their Pinterest site.
Use you telname in your daily correspondence and in your signatures.
Increase the number of incoming visitors by advertising your telname.
Wait and hope that .tel will become a success and that search engines will give better rankings to .tel in general (or that special search engines for .tel will be created).
@Telnamer - Good post above re Telnames SEO !

Re the Telnames Search Engine please click here

http://MikeSeaton.tel

Not sure all that's needed.
My partners Trixie.tel is ranking highly as a telnames. She just filled it with data. Ie started using it. She gets enquiries for bookings. It's working great.

Regarding .tel in general, simply populate it with meaningful data.
I recently populated a new directory (bali.tel) took about 2 weeks to add a lot of content (work in progress by the way) and less than 2 months later its page 1 position 2 for the term "bali directory" (33 million results)

Just populate it. Simple as that.
avatar
Moonlight
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-08-10
Posts : 203 Points : 5931
Reputation : 79
Warning level : 100 %

Re: telnames and seo

Post by Moonlight on Fri 30 Nov 2012, 2:54 am

Boracay wrote:Regarding .tel in general, simply populate it with meaningful data.
I recently populated a new directory (bali.tel) took about 2 weeks to add a lot of content (work in progress by the way) and less than 2 months later its page 1 position 2 for the term "bali directory" (33 million results)

Just populate it. Simple as that.
Really great!
Your Bali.tel looks excellent. If you don't pay attention to the domain extension, it's not visible you have built it with a .tel!
It could have been a .com, too. But .tel is much faster to publicize!

JH
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-04-29
Posts : 125 Points : 2784
Reputation : 26
Warning level : 100 %

Re: telnames and seo

Post by JH on Fri 30 Nov 2012, 4:07 am

Boracay wrote:I recently populated a new directory (bali.tel) took about 2 weeks to add a lot of content (work in progress by the way) and less than 2 months later its page 1 position 2 for the term "bali directory" (33 million results)
It worked the same for me: I only filled the usual content on my .tel from Telnames and after a few weeks it was on page 1 on Google without doing anything.
avatar
Boracay
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-11-07
Posts : 243 Points : 6937
Reputation : 92
Warning level : 100 %

Re: telnames and seo

Post by Boracay on Fri 30 Nov 2012, 4:30 am

Moonlight wrote:
Really great!
Your Bali.tel looks excellent. If you don't pay attention to the domain extension, it's not visible you have built it with a .tel!
It could have been a .com, too. But .tel is much faster to publicize!

Thanks!
There are a few things happening with this .tel (if you look around) and hopefully it will all take further shape in the coming months ahead. Some of us are trying really hard to demonstrate to telnic that a few tweaks here and there has the potential to complete the .tel pro product as a truly simple (to both build and navigate) platform for directories.

Populate your .tels.
That's the support that's really needed at this time.
avatar
hulltv
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-07-05
Posts : 251 Points : 7039
Reputation : 64
Warning level : 75 %

Re: telnames and seo

Post by hulltv on Fri 30 Nov 2012, 11:56 am

bali.tel looks good no way can i understand telmasters and the rest to do the same.


___________________________________________________
Unlock your phone APPS.TELL
avatar
Boracay
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-11-07
Posts : 243 Points : 6937
Reputation : 92
Warning level : 100 %

Re: telnames and seo

Post by Boracay on Sat 01 Dec 2012, 1:00 am

hulltv wrote:bali.tel looks good no way can i understand telmasters and the rest to do the same.

I use www.telvision.co to edit and update all the pages in the directories. It's still beta, but very very good. Mark is a busy guy, but I am hopeful that he can take his product to the next level and perfect a wysiwyg APP to handle all aspects of the pro .tel templates.

I think that you do need to register firstly at telmasters.com to get use of www.telvision.co, but the other tools there mark has created such as "bulk update with variables" are also incredibly powerful to the right user.

I created Bali.tel with the use of those 2 tools.




avatar
Telminator
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-06-07
Posts : 143 Points : 3404
Reputation : 24
Warning level : Banned

Re: telnames and seo

Post by Telminator on Sat 01 Dec 2012, 3:06 am

Boracay wrote:I think that you do need to register firstly at telmasters.com to get use of www.telvision.co, but the other tools there mark has created such as "bulk update with variables" are also incredibly powerful to the right user.
The good work of Mark is very much appreciated.
But after almost 4 years it's absolutely not acceptable that Telnic has still such a premature control panel and customers depend on third-party tools.
Can you believe .tel is the only TLD that can't be used easily for uploading or linking pictures?
We can only repeat our old questions over and over again: When Telnic will start developing .tel?
avatar
hulltv
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-07-05
Posts : 251 Points : 7039
Reputation : 64
Warning level : 75 %

Re: telnames and seo

Post by hulltv on Sat 01 Dec 2012, 6:55 am

boracay what if dot tel just pull the plug...all that work your doing you not a little worried ?

companys like dynadot may well be pxxx oxx with the award winning telnic and go the same way godaddy did and have nothing to do with them


___________________________________________________
Unlock your phone APPS.TELL
avatar
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Location : Dorset UK
Join date : 2012-06-11
Posts : 2225 Points : 45297
Reputation : 836
Warning level : 100 %

Re: telnames and seo

Post by mikeseaton on Sat 01 Dec 2012, 10:55 am

JH wrote:It worked the same for me: I only filled the usual content on my .tel from Telnames and after a few weeks it was on page 1 on Google without doing anything.
@Jens, couldn't keep away, could you ?

I thought you were hibernating for about 10 years !

Perhaps it was THIS that encouraged you to come back, or maybe THIS, or even the prospect of THIS ?

Whatever the reason "Welcome Back" - I expect some others who have left will gradually return to .tels once Telnames starts getting into the public mindset with the TV advertising from next week !

http://MikeSeaton.tel


___________________________________________________
Domain Sales: Sedo
eBay Shop: Mike 321 UK
Search Engines: Web | Video | Facebook | Google+ | Pinterest | Tel | Twitter

JH
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-04-29
Posts : 125 Points : 2784
Reputation : 26
Warning level : 100 %

Re: telnames and seo

Post by JH on Mon 03 Dec 2012, 1:36 am

mikeseaton wrote:
@Jens, couldn't keep away, could you ?

I thought you were hibernating for about 10 years
I'm always watching .tel. But since no activity is visible at Telnic, I don't see a reason to invest my time for it.
As soon I see Telnic is working in the right direction (or is working at all), I'll start developing my domains.

In the past too many times I've planned my resources, but Telnic didn't deliver their promised developments.
As long the producer of a product is not reliable, I've better things to work on.
I expect Telnic will come to the right conclusions sometime.
Then I'd be happy to support .tel again.
avatar
Boracay
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-11-07
Posts : 243 Points : 6937
Reputation : 92
Warning level : 100 %

Re: telnames and seo

Post by Boracay on Mon 03 Dec 2012, 8:05 am

hulltv wrote:boracay what if dot tel just pull the plug...all that work your doing you not a little worried ?

Im sticking with it. Its a very interesting product. establishing the balance (re working within the limited flexibility provided) is key. I have seen hundreds of CMS, methods, kits, languages, systems come and go. its the backend tied to the domain name. simple yet powerful (when the tools are there... not quite yet it seems, but improving)

Sponsored content

Re: telnames and seo

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Sat 16 Dec 2017, 1:49 pm