WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Telnames approaches 5K

Share
avatar
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Location : Dorset UK
Join date : 2012-06-11
Posts : 2238 Points : 45786
Reputation : 843
Warning level : 100 %

Telnames approaches 5K

Post by mikeseaton on Thu 27 Dec 2012, 2:18 pm

Just checked http://www.dottel.net and note that Telnames is rapidly approaching 5K registrations - no doubt helped to a large extent by the TV ad campaign that has been running recently.

It does look currently as if total .tel registrations have stabilised around 240,nnn - with the Telnic .tel drops being compensated for by the Telnames new registrations.

Just need that big push now to move Telnames further upwards so that .tel can't fail to get noticed by "Joe Public" !

http://MikeSeaton.tel


___________________________________________________
Domain Sales: Sedo
eBay Shop: Mike 321 UK
Search Engines: Web | Video | Facebook | Google+ | Pinterest | Tel | Twitter
avatar
TelKing
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-06-23
Posts : 94 Points : 3557
Reputation : 34
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Telnames approaches 5K

Post by TelKing on Fri 28 Dec 2012, 9:15 am

mikeseaton wrote:no doubt helped to a large extent by the TV ad campaign that has been running recently.
Can you imagine how many watchers of the TV ad would have registered a .tel if Telnames would offer a full service website?
That would include bigger pictures, subdomains, captions, formatting, flexibility in sorting and place for long text!
I guess people would become interested in a .tel.
But with the current limited design?
Website designers and domain owners left the last century already behind!
avatar
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Location : Dorset UK
Join date : 2012-06-11
Posts : 2238 Points : 45786
Reputation : 843
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Telnames approaches 5K

Post by mikeseaton on Fri 28 Dec 2012, 9:41 am

TelKing wrote:
mikeseaton wrote:no doubt helped to a large extent by the TV ad campaign that has been running recently.
Can you imagine how many watchers of the TV ad would have registered a .tel if Telnames would offer a full service website?
@TelKing

Whilst you may have a valid point, the danger if Telnames did this is that they would be immediately compared to services like http://website.1and1.co.uk - with 300,000+ populated web sites and huge flexibility in design (albeit at a cost of over £100 per year).

Remember .TEL is NOT about web site design, it's about creating a SINGLE POINT OF CONTACT for all your internet activities.

Obviously for some people a Telnames domain is all that they will ever have - but for most registrants it is a LINK to their other internet addresses and contact mediums.

The sales pitch from Telnames emphasises that you can "Go Mobile in Minutes", but AFAIK Kash and Henri (the 2 directors of Telnames Ltd.) still see this as a "means to an end" to get a critical mass of .tel registrations for Phase 2 of .tel to be viable i.e. the use of the DNS as a means of direct communication by external software resources.

http://MikeSeaton.tel


___________________________________________________
Domain Sales: Sedo
eBay Shop: Mike 321 UK
Search Engines: Web | Video | Facebook | Google+ | Pinterest | Tel | Twitter
avatar
TelKing
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-06-23
Posts : 94 Points : 3557
Reputation : 34
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Telnames approaches 5K

Post by TelKing on Sat 29 Dec 2012, 3:53 am

mikeseaton wrote:Whilst you may have a valid point, the danger if Telnames did this is that they would be immediately compared to services like http://website.1and1.co.uk - with 300,000+ populated web sites and huge flexibility in design (albeit at a cost of over £100 per year).
Wouldn't it be great if .tel could stand up to them with just a few more reasonable features which would make .tel look like an adequate website?
Then Telnames could sell 300,000 websites just like them; not only 5,000!
mikeseaton wrote:Remember .TEL is NOT about web site design, it's about creating a SINGLE POINT OF CONTACT for all your internet activities.
Why you think there is a market for that?

maxi
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Join date : 2012-08-27
Posts : 1003 Points : 22612
Reputation : 467
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Telnames approaches 5K

Post by maxi on Sat 29 Dec 2012, 12:53 pm

TelKing wrote:Wouldn't it be great if .tel could stand up to them with just a few more reasonable features which would make .tel look like an adequate website?
Then Telnames could sell 300,000 websites just like them; not only 5,000!
Why not to give all features from standart Telnic's TEL to Telnames TELs?

Only few need Telnames TELs with their limited functionality - I think they are those who does not know that there exists another, Telnic's TEL which has much broader sfere of application. And I personally have much doubts that the current "happy owners" of Telnames TELs would like to renew them for the next years.
avatar
Killing
Junior Member
Junior Member

Join date : 2012-09-12
Posts : 28 Points : 2573
Reputation : 15
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Telnames approaches 5K

Post by Killing on Sat 29 Dec 2012, 5:21 pm

TelKing wrote:
mikeseaton wrote:Remember .TEL is NOT about web site design, it's about creating a SINGLE POINT OF CONTACT for all your internet activities.
Why you think there is a market for that?
What a question!
There is an amazing, undiscovered market for that.
Facebook is based on this principle!

But after decades of internet history there is still no available, global phone book.
Why it's still so hard to find the contact data of a business?
We really need a new service for that. Perhaps it'll be .tel!

Time will tel(l)!
avatar
TelKing
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-06-23
Posts : 94 Points : 3557
Reputation : 34
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Telnames approaches 5K

Post by TelKing on Sun 30 Dec 2012, 7:40 am

Killing wrote:Facebook is based on this principle!
Facebook gets developed from day one, but .tel never left beta!
Telnic never made serious effort to develop .tel, and people who want to develop .tel are not allowed to.
Meanwhile Telnic is waiting for registrars to develop .tel, but they are not interested.
avatar
Moonlight
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-08-10
Posts : 203 Points : 6093
Reputation : 79
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Telnames approaches 5K

Post by Moonlight on Sun 30 Dec 2012, 7:58 am

TelKing wrote:Meanwhile Telnic is waiting for registrars to develop .tel, but they are not interested.
There is nothing wrong with Telnic wanting to outsource the development for .tel.
Please consider usually registries don't develop domains for any other TLD.
The domain development is provided by registrars very often.
Actually all big registrars offer hosting solutions for other TLD.
The only reason registrars are not interested in .tel is because .tel is not famous yet.

Sponsored content

Re: Telnames approaches 5K

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Sun 27 May 2018, 9:52 am