WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Minor change - ability to set the search box text.

fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig
Warning level : 100 %

Minor change - ability to set the search box text.

Post by fustachio.tel on Sun 30 Dec 2012, 10:33 am

If they still do updates I would like a minor change the ability to set the search box text, currently it's "Search .tel" though we should have the ability to set it as what ever we want.
-
Someone may want Search Hotels, Search Names, Search Items etc and .tel is just generic, sure it should be the default but I should be able to override the ".tel" part with a word of my choosing that matches my use of the .tel.

fustachio.tel

Re: Minor change - ability to set the search box text.

Post by fustachio.tel on Sun 30 Dec 2012, 11:13 am

Also if they're listening the search results should display the icon/logo of the sub domain it's listing as a small preview feature to search results, aka I search "mesh" as seen below.

fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel on Sun 30 Dec 2012, 11:31 am

Refined quick "similar" search button, if you look at Google they have - Cached - Similar, we don't need Cached but a Similar link button on search results would be nice, so that the search option as seen above can be sub searched, aka related content, related hotels, businesses to the results we get.
-
Say someone searches local restaurants and chooses a result they know "Dely Noodle" but want to know where all the other restaurants with the same name/brand are in their continent/city looked by by geo, if they click similar it should show all of those with the same name or owned/managed by the same corporation even if it's listed under another brand name so they can get/find a restaurant they are likely to trust is managed well.
Boracay

Post by Boracay on Sun 30 Dec 2012, 8:06 pm

fustachio.tel wrote:Refined quick "similar" search button, if you look at Google they have - Cached - Similar, we don't need Cached but a Similar link button on search results would be nice, so that the search option as seen above can be sub searched, aka related content, related hotels, businesses to the results we get.
-
Say someone searches local restaurants and chooses a result they know "Dely Noodle" but want to know where all the other restaurants with the same name/brand are in their continent/city looked by by geo, if they click similar it should show all of those with the same name or owned/managed by the same corporation even if it's listed under another brand name so they can get/find a restaurant they are likely to trust is managed well.

All great suggestions.

I'm experimenting with pushing logic to the search system with predefined clicks. Like this...

A list of hotels, 3 star only, and specifically in the town of Kuta

The logic of accommodations is broken down into many classifications. Style, location, budget, rating, etc etc. That's why I'm steering search. quickly by having "instant results" once the viewer has chosen their initial dominating criteria

www.boracay.tel (a directory of "resorts") voted world's number 1 island resort destination of 2012
www.bali.tel (a directory of "resorts") voted world's number 2 island resort destination of 2012
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Tue 01 Jan 2013, 9:26 am

I get 14 results (rather than 4) doing the same search on Net-Link Tel Search
- click http://www.net-link.com/tel/search.asp?q=%22bali.tel%22+3+stars+hotels+kuta to perform the search - although for some reason the Google database specifies 53 results initially !

http://MikeSeaton.tel

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 24 Nov 2017, 7:47 am