WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

goto long links

fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig
Warning level : 100 %

goto long links

Post by fustachio.tel on Wed 02 Jan 2013, 5:02 pm

We still don't have the ability to hide the long link on a goto link that's not on a sub page!?
-
Remember if I put a sub domain from a main page it only shows up as the title, but if I put it on any other page it's still a long link and messy, Go to
mesh.junk-yard.ftp.fur.tel. should just show as "Go to
mesh" even when not on a sub page but still link to what I put if I choose it so.
If you're listening please hurry and hide these long links to give the illusion someone is visiting a seamless click sub page, but actually going to an entirely different part of the directory structure, so we can have back links like the breadcrumbs are for but as full goto links, because people probably don't notice the bread ones or know what they're for or how .tel is setup and would likely click more pages if they appear to be the same type, having a long link showing is confusing for visitors.

fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Re: goto long links

Post by fustachio.tel on Wed 02 Jan 2013, 5:08 pm

What I would really like is Go Back links, that I can turn on recursively that makes goto type links that are the bread crumbs on sub pages, aka turning off the bread crumbs and replacing them with go back links that look like goto folder links but with the folder arrow facing to the left and not down which used to indicate sub navigation on a domain/page but indicating back.
As I really feel people don't use the bread crumbs and if they understand goto im sure they understand go back.
Boracay

Post by Boracay on Wed 02 Jan 2013, 8:25 pm

fustachio.tel wrote:What I would really like is Go Back links, that I can turn on recursively that makes goto type links that are the bread crumbs on sub pages, aka turning off the bread crumbs and replacing them with go back links that look like goto folder links but with the folder arrow facing to the left and not down which used to indicate sub navigation on a domain/page but indicating back.
As I really feel people don't use the bread crumbs and if they understand goto im sure they understand go back.

Perhaps you can use imagAds like This
Because now that we can control the interface elements to target within the same window, you can help navigate your viewer "back to" logical pages, rather than just "back" to previous page.

www.boracay.tel (a directory of "resorts") voted world's number 1 island resort destination of 2012
www.bali.tel (a directory of "resorts") voted world's number 2 island resort destination of 2012
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Thu 03 Jan 2013, 8:05 am

Boracay wrote:Perhaps you can use imagAds like This
Because now that we can control the interface elements to target within the same window, you can help navigate your viewer "back to" logical pages, rather than just "back" to previous page.
@Boracay

I pulled up page http://hotels.accommodation.bali.tel/ and clicked the Hotels (by Area) link on the right-hand-side Image Ad which took me to http://hotels-by-area.hotels.accommodation.bali.tel/ in a NEW window - surely it should have been the SAME window as both pages are subdomains of bali.tel ?

FYI the above occurred on a Windows desktop running IE8.

http://MikeSeaton.tel

Boracay

Post by Boracay on Thu 03 Jan 2013, 8:32 am

mikeseaton wrote:
Boracay wrote:Perhaps you can use imagAds like This
@Boracay

I pulled up page http://hotels.accommodation.bali.tel/ and clicked the Hotels (by Area) link on the right-hand-side Image Ad which took me to http://hotels-by-area.hotels.accommodation.bali.tel/ in a NEW window - surely it should have been the SAME window as both pages are subdomains of bali.tel ?

FYI the above occurred on a Windows desktop running IE8.

http://MikeSeaton.tel

Yes, noted. This has been mentioned a little on both forums. I am hopeful that the .tel window opening logic will be extended to ALSO include textAds and RelatedAds in the same manner as actual imageAds. So, rather than redo later both bali.tel and boracay.tel are being modeled in anticipation of the change to come

www.boracay.tel (a directory of "resorts") voted world's number 1 island resort destination of 2012
www.bali.tel (a directory of "resorts") voted world's number 2 island resort destination of 2012

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 24 Nov 2017, 7:49 am