WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Telnic announced the delivery for spring 2011

ixida

Warning level : 100 %

Telnic announced the delivery for spring 2011

Post by ixida on Tue 08 Jan 2013, 6:25 pm

mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Re: Telnic announced the delivery for spring 2011

Post by mikeseaton on Tue 08 Jan 2013, 6:38 pm

ixida wrote:New control panel: http://www.teltalk.org/t44-the-new-control-panel-is-coming-soon
Since it was never withdrawn, when it will be finished?
@ixida - IMO it won't !

But having used the control panel available here I can confirm it is very good indeed !

It's just a shame that it's not been made available to all .tel registrants !

http://MikeSeaton.tel

fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel on Tue 08 Jan 2013, 8:34 pm

I'm open to giving things out but if I had invested that much money and 3rd party registrars didn't pick up the ball and run with it previously, I'd not give it them either so they just don't deserve it. They haven't done anything so they don't deserve it, unfortunately customers are caught in the middle.
FrankW.

Post by FrankW. on Wed 09 Jan 2013, 1:48 pm

Do we have to accept that .tel won't be developed anymore until Telnic gets support from a strong partner?
TelGirl

Post by TelGirl on Wed 09 Jan 2013, 1:53 pm

fustachio.tel wrote:I'm open to giving things out but if I had invested that much money and 3rd party registrars didn't pick up the ball and run with it previously, I'd not give it them either so they just don't deserve it. They haven't done anything so they don't deserve it, unfortunately customers are caught in the middle.
It's not wise to fight between Telnic and the registrars at the expense of the customers.
Richy

Post by Richy on Wed 09 Jan 2013, 5:18 pm

I’m wondering why most of you don’t understand what is going on. A company with a yearly net loss of £3,384,278 according to https://www.duedil.com/company/03555437/telnic-limited/financials has to reduce the spending including costs for marketing and human resources (including the software unit) as a consequence. With this action Telnic is securing the long-term survival of TEL. Meanwhile Telnic is doing what domain registries normally do. That is the administration of domain registrations and maintenance of the daily operation. Due to this situation it’s very clear that the tasks from the roadmap are not going to happen. People invested in TEL should reconsider their way of thinking and stop complaining and demanding new features which certainly won’t be developed as long the customer demand doesn’t grow. It’s also a matter of course that Telnic can’t respond to all questions about the cancellation of services, because it would make everybody only losing their hope. You need to think entrepreneurial and consider what is best for TEL. That can be mainly only developing websites with the available tools, making good marketing for TEL and exchanging opinions about improvements of websites without additional programming by Telnic. Anything good can happen only if everybody is working in the same direction. If you like it or not, you have to accept Telnic’s strategy and work together with them. As long the time for TEL isn’t ready, nobody can push it to higher levels. Everybody should have understood already that the success for TEL needs some years to appear. This may be disappointing for many, but can’t be accelerated. Nobody should blame Telnic, firstly because it’s not their fault that customer habits can’t be changed quickly to accept new innovations and secondly they don’t do anything unreasonable. It’s very easy: as soon TEL would produce anything accepted by a big audience, it will be visible at positive registration numbers immediately. Until then everybody has to be patient. Meanwhile you should trust on the basic idea of TEL and do the best to support it instead grumping so much. That’s the one and only option for everybody involved in TEL. Only patience will be rewarded.
Expert
Insider
Insider

Post by Expert on Wed 09 Jan 2013, 8:51 pm

@Richy

A mind clearing comment; I'll keep that in mind.
But for me it creates a few questions:
Why Telnic never gave a short statement about cancelling activities? Many participants have been waiting long for delivering the announced features and requested a statement countless times, inter alia to plan their own resources.
How .tel should become successful without further development? Some indubitable improvements are waiting to be realized with only little effort.
Why Telnic doesn’t give an outlook about their planning? Everybody knows .tel isn’t in its final shape. Wouldn’t that be helpful?
Mad Max
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Mad Max on Wed 09 Jan 2013, 9:04 pm

Expert wrote:Why Telnic never gave a short statement about cancelling activities? Many participants have been waiting long for delivering the announced features and requested a statement countless times, inter alia to plan their own resources.
a question of courtesy

maxi
Insider
Insider

Post by maxi on Wed 09 Jan 2013, 9:33 pm

Richy wrote:People invested in TEL should reconsider their way of thinking and stop complaining and demanding new features which certainly won’t be developed as long the customer demand doesn’t grow.
What prevents Telnic from developing them now, for existing customers? If they could do that for Telnames, then what stop them from doing the same thing for Telnic customers?

Richy wrote:You need to think entrepreneurial and consider what is best for TEL.
Best for TEL would be if Telnic will spend one or two months of its time and do something for its customers who want to develop their TELs further but can't because TEL is still in beta-state.

Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Natal on Thu 10 Jan 2013, 1:06 pm

ixida wrote:Roadmap: http://www.teltalk.org/t145-the-long-lost-tel-roadmap-uncovered
New control panel: http://www.teltalk.org/t44-the-new-control-panel-is-coming-soon
Since it was never withdrawn, when it will be finished?
I can't believe and I don't believe Telnic has canceled these plans. These developments are just too important not to be delivered to the customers. Please remember the launch for the templates 6 - 8. They finally came with a delay of 1.5 years: https://99designs.de/web-design/contests/tel-design-decade-63737 After Telnic was busy with working on Telnames, the objects from the roadmap just got a delay, too. Telnic just doesn't give a statement about the date of completion for the benefit of not working in a rush.
Expert
Insider
Insider

Post by Expert on Thu 10 Jan 2013, 1:14 pm

Natal wrote:I can't believe and I don't believe Telnic has canceled these plans. These developments are just too important not to be delivered to the customers. Please remember the launch for the templates 6 - 8. They finally came with a delay of 1.5 years: https://99designs.de/web-design/contests/tel-design-decade-63737 After Telnic was busy with working on Telnames, the objects from the roadmap just got a delay, too. Telnic just doesn't give a statement about the date of completion for the benefit of not working in a rush.
If that is so, why has Telnic never given a statement like this? All the years of frustration for everybody would have been spared!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 22 Nov 2017, 7:57 am