WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

TIME TO QUIT .TEL ?

Mad Max
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Warning level : 100 %

Re: TIME TO QUIT .TEL ?

Post by Mad Max on Thu 07 Feb 2013, 4:33 am

nobody could know 2 years ago telnic will cancel all plans, hide in the london office and will do only anoher small project with telnames
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Sat 09 Feb 2013, 1:31 pm

SO IS IT "GAME OVER" FOR TELNAMES AS WELL AS TELNIC? OR JUST ANOTHER "CLIFF-EDGE"?

One day the Telnic/Telnames saga may become compulsory reading in business schools on how to **** up a brilliant business idea !

How many famous inventions have failed to be commercially exploited by their British inventors or companies, only to be taken to worldwide success by our American cousins ?

Computers would be the first on the list !

http://MikeSeaton.tel

Sunrise
Insider
Insider

Post by Sunrise on Sat 09 Feb 2013, 3:31 pm

I have never seen a company that is more reluctant to improvements than [Inappropriate word deleted! - The admin].
Mad Max
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Mad Max on Sat 09 Feb 2013, 4:19 pm

Sunrise wrote:I have never seen a company that is more reluctant to improvements than [Inappropriate word deleted! - The admin].
they are not reluctant - they put the whole project on hold, because they want to see first if they will have success with telnames
TelBlogger
Insider
Insider

Warning level : 75 %

Post by TelBlogger on Sun 10 Feb 2013, 3:18 am

And they alienate the owners of the existing (and falling) .tels. They should be marketing their stuff for/to them. Business idiocy of staggering proportions. A 10 year-old running a lemonade stand would be smarter.
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Sun 10 Feb 2013, 12:03 pm

TelBlogger wrote:And they alienate the owners of the existing (and falling) .tels. They should be marketing their stuff for/to them. Business idiocy of staggering proportions. A 10 year-old running a lemonade stand would be smarter.
They certainly do !

It is blatantly clear that TELNAMES (remember of course it's the same organisation as Telnic) DOES NOT WANT:

1. Domain Investors - please go away (no easy monetisation via AdSense).

2. Software Developers - please go away (no API access).

3. Power Users - please go away (no subdomains).

4. Registrars - please go away (no access to Telnames template).

I cannot think of ANY TLD in the history of the internet that has managed to alienate and ignore the above 4 types of people and succeed - can you ?

maxi
Insider
Insider

Post by maxi on Sun 10 Feb 2013, 3:40 pm

mikeseaton wrote:I cannot think of ANY TLD in the history of the internet that has managed to alienate and ignore the above 4 types of people and succeed - can you ?
Can it be that they already know that somebody is going to buy the company? And it could be, that in that case nobody of them will be left. So, any stimulus for them to do something.
Expert
Insider
Insider

Post by Expert on Sun 10 Feb 2013, 5:10 pm

maxi wrote:Can it be that they already know that somebody is going to buy the company? And it could be, that in that case nobody of them will be left. So, any stimulus for them to do something.
No doubt Telnic wish to sell their business, because they transferred all resources and all the motivation to Telnames.
But again no doubt they haven't found a buyer who wants to pay $35 million.
If a buyer would exist, this information would have been public for long already.
hulltv

Post by hulltv on Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:11 am

maybe you also played your own part in your downfall .

but nobody on this site likes to say.

maybe dot .co to hit hard next mr seaton

www.domains123.com

Insider
Insider

Post by Sunrise on Mon 11 Feb 2013, 11:22 am

hulltv wrote:maybe you also played your own part in your downfall .
Absolutely! The negative promotion for .tel was not helpful and maybe accelerated the downfall of .tel.
But Mike only pointed out the truth. With this he only helped that things came into the public mind earlier.
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Mon 11 Feb 2013, 5:57 pm

Sunrise wrote:But Mike only pointed out the truth. With this he only helped that things came into the public mind earlier.
.TEL was a BRILLIANT CONCEPT and if you look back at my posts on the Telnic forum since joining in 2009 you will find that I was one of the staunchest supporters of this TLD for a long time before a dose of realism was forced on me by decisions made by Telnic.

BUT the EXECUTION of the idea by Telnic/Telnames has been a catalogue of DISASTERS - I don't even need to list all the errors here since just about all active forum members are aware of them !

I had initial hopes for Telnames as a saviour for .Tel, but now Telnames are pitching their tent so that they alienate domain investors, software developers, power users and registrars - quite an achievement for such a small company !

I could of course have kept quiet about everything and maybe sold some of my premium keyword .Tels to unsuspecting newbies.

But I prefer to be honest in business, even if that means facing the painful reality of a failed project that could have changed the way the world communicated, but never did !

The .Tel Project is over - it's failed - get over it and get on with your life !

Tim Spears

Post by Tim Spears on Mon 11 Feb 2013, 7:55 pm

Maybe Mike is right or maybe he isn't. The question remains when will we know if it's true?
In a few months or in a few years? How long we want to wait?

Telnic haven't found a way to connect to their customers yet, but how can we know if they won't later on?
Many people have made uncountable suggestions and Telnic haven't followed them. What if Telnic will decide differently in the future?

With mobile services .tel is operating in an important market segment. Today unimaginable growth could be generated in the future, even with the initial mistakes we could observe.
All we can do is to lean back and come back after things have changed for the better.

maxi
Insider
Insider

Post by maxi on Tue 12 Feb 2013, 1:22 pm

Expert wrote:But again no doubt they haven't found a buyer who wants to pay $35 million.
What if a possible buyer would be TelChina? Will they rise the pricing if they will become owners?
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Wed 13 Feb 2013, 7:49 am

FWIW I THINK THE IDEA OF A UNIQUE INTERNET ID (LINKING TO ALL YOUR VARIOUS INTERNET PRESENCES) IS A GREAT CONCEPT - IT JUST WON'T HAPPEN ON A LARGE SCALE WITH .TEL !

AS FOR DIAL-BY-NAME - YOU NEED CRITICAL MASS (TENS OF MILLIONS OF POPULATED IDENTITIES) TO ACHIEVE THIS - FACEBOOK IS LIKELY TO GET THERE FIRST !

IT REALLY IS TIME TO QUIT .TEL - BUT I WISH GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL - YOU WILL NEED IT !

PS. My Net-Link Tel Search Engine remains operational for the moment.

Tim Spears

Post by Tim Spears on Wed 13 Feb 2013, 7:19 pm

I see the situation a bit different. The good news is everything can get only better, because how it can get worse than it is now?
Telnic cannot even do any mistakes, because all participants are leaving already. With everything they do in the future only growth can be generated.

At the moment we have status quo. We have a great business idea, but it isn't developed.
One day the right project will bring new impulses and then it can move only up! Perhaps they found it already with Telnames or they will cook something new!

It's no difference if we have 230k or 100k registered tel, because everything what is smaller than 5m has no meaning anyway. The reason why I don't worry about falling registrations is that it won't make any difference if we win or lose 100k.
Everyone who bought tel in 2009 had the same chances as he has today, because we are moving on a level without significance. If you buy a tel today, you don't know if it will bring you anything, but you didn't know that 2009 either.

Everything is pure speculation as it was 4 years ago. But if you have believed in new ways of communication back then, why you don't believe in it today anymore? Only because your patience has run out?
Mad Max
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Mad Max on Wed 13 Feb 2013, 9:36 pm

the anger from mike is understandable, because probably he lost a lot of money with .tel and telnic canceled the support out of the blue
from his new reaction it’s clear he really gave up after running against walls for long
very few early adopters are left and telnic has to start catching attention from scratch
let's see if they can make it better with telnames now
Tim Spears

Post by Tim Spears on Wed 13 Feb 2013, 9:53 pm

Mad Max wrote:very few early adopters are left and telnic has to start catching attention from scratch
That is what I was talking about. The early adopters have never been important, because they have been too few right from the start.
tel has never attracted enough interest. Now it doesn't affect the whole situation, because it makes no difference if these few people are running away or not.

Complete new activities are necessary to find the way. Telnic does this now with Telnames and actually it has a chance to succeed.
What I see now is that more tel at Telnames are developed already than the number of developed tels at Telnic. This is a very good sign.

It is very surprising that only 6,000 tel at Telnames can beat 230,000 tel at Telnic when it comes to content quality and utilization.
TelBlogger
Insider
Insider

Post by TelBlogger on Thu 14 Feb 2013, 4:16 am

My view is that an objective standard should be used when deciding whether to quit .tel:

Are you making money?

maxi
Insider
Insider

Post by maxi on Thu 14 Feb 2013, 6:11 am

Tim Spears wrote:The good news is everything can get only better, because how it can get worse than it is now?
The ancient saying goes that "It is never so bad that it could not get worse".

Bad thing with all this is that there is no assurance from Telnic that tomorrow it will not change the rules of a game.

How in such situation we can do something and invest our time and money in developing our projects?

Tim Spears wrote:It is very surprising that only 6,000 tel at Telnames can beat 230,000 tel at Telnic when it comes to content quality and utilization.
Sorry, I do not understand about what content quality of Telnames TELs you are talking about? With 255 characters of text and 1 page at all, they have no content. May be you have in mind that background picture?

P.S.
Whois information for a TEL-domain has better "quality content" then TEL from Telnames.

Tim Spears

Post by Tim Spears on Thu 14 Feb 2013, 8:09 am

maxi wrote:Sorry, I do not understand about what content quality of Telnames TELs you are talking about? With 255 characters of text and 1 page at all, they have no content. May be you have in mind that background picture?
Most domains at Telnames get published after registration with the company details of the owner while most domains at Telnic stay empty. That is what I see.
Natal
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Natal on Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:33 pm

It seems finally more and more members detect the reality. Do you really think the people at Telnic are stupid? What do you think is their highest priority? High registration numbers of course! Telnic didn't reach their targets, so they stopped the old project and invented Telnames instead. After the disaster of low sales from 2009, they consider very carefully what the right initiatives are now. While most investors are only complaining, Telnic is planning the breakthrough on a stable base!

maxi
Insider
Insider

Post by maxi on Thu 14 Feb 2013, 1:02 pm

Natal wrote:What do you think is their highest priority? High registration numbers of course!
I pеrsоnаlly think thаt thеrе cоuld bе а widе rаngе оf priоritiеs.

As it sееms tо mе, thе mоst lоgic tоp-priоrity оf еvеry pеrsоn whо hаvе а wоrkplаcе аnd his/hеr sаlаry аt thаt wоrkplаcе, is his/hеr dеsirе tо sеcurе this plаcе аnd thаt sаlаry. Will this fulfil with mоrе rеgs оr lеss rеgs, it is аlrеаdy а quеstiоn оf а sеcоndаry priоrity. Of cоursе, it cоuld bе diffеrеnt in this pаrticulаr cаsе, but in а vеry cоmmоn sеnsе it vеry оftеn is truе.
Natal
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Natal on Thu 14 Feb 2013, 6:25 pm

maxi wrote:As it sееms tо mе, thе mоst lоgic tоp-priоrity оf еvеry pеrsоn whо hаvе а wоrkplаcе аnd his/hеr sаlаry аt thаt wоrkplаcе, is his/hеr dеsirе tо sеcurе this plаcе аnd thаt sаlаry.
The best way to secure the jobs at Telnic is reaching high registration numbers. Or have I got that wrong?
Hotty

Post by Hotty on Fri 15 Feb 2013, 4:18 pm

You want to quit?
I love it!
I'm waiting for the premium drops in summer!
hulltv

Post by hulltv on Fri 15 Feb 2013, 4:51 pm

hotty much more clever to learn from other peoples' mistakes ,but i guess telnic or telnames must be pleased some don't learn......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 20 Aug 2017, 9:42 am