WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

TIME TO QUIT .TEL ?

Share
avatar
Hotty
Newbie
Newbie

Join date : 2012-09-09
Posts : 13 Points : 2010
Reputation : 3
Warning level : 100 %

Re: TIME TO QUIT .TEL ?

Post by Hotty on Fri 15 Feb 2013, 5:55 pm

What if Telnames will announce no. 10?
Wouldn't it be worth waiting for? http://www.teltalk.org/t150-my-tel-predictions-for-2012-2013

maxi
Insider
Insider

Join date : 2012-08-27
Posts : 973 Points : 21645
Reputation : 463
Warning level : 100 %

Re: TIME TO QUIT .TEL ?

Post by maxi on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 1:10 am

Hotty wrote:What if Telnames will announce no. 10?
http://www.teltalk.org/t150-my-tel-predictions-for-2012-2013
mikeseaton wrote:10. Telnames will do a low-cost deal with a Telco, with automatic setup from the Telco's own customer records, to get .tel into the hands of mobile phone users - or "Joe Public" as we call him.
Why Telco should do a deal with them? By the way, the author of predictions said that he is going to drop big part of his TELs.

Hotty wrote:Wouldn't it be worth waiting for?
Theoretically everything could happen in this World. But will it happen? And if we suppose that it will, then when it could happen? 10-20-30 years later?
avatar
Mad Max
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-09-22
Posts : 163 Points : 5901
Reputation : 152
Warning level : 100 %

Re: TIME TO QUIT .TEL ?

Post by Mad Max on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 8:07 am

maxi wrote:Why Telco should do a deal with them?
you know what? this is very easy!
telnic don't need many customers to make a deal with a telco
the tricky part is the persuading - and that telnic can't do alone
telnic needs to find the right partners with experience and excellent relationships to those telcos
avatar
Expert
Insider
Insider

Join date : 2012-08-10
Posts : 522 Points : 12411
Reputation : 351
Warning level : 100 %

Re: TIME TO QUIT .TEL ?

Post by Expert on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 8:25 am


maxi
Insider
Insider

Join date : 2012-08-27
Posts : 973 Points : 21645
Reputation : 463
Warning level : 100 %

Re: TIME TO QUIT .TEL ?

Post by maxi on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 1:55 pm

Tim Spears wrote:Most domains at Telnames get published after registration with the company details of the owner while most domains at Telnic stay empty.
It cаmе rеcеntly tо my mind thаt in fаct thеrе аrе nо big diffеrеncеs bеtwееn еmpty TELs frоm Tеlnic, еmpty TELs frоm frоm Tеlnаmеs аnd TELs with publishеd cоntаcts frоm Tеlnаmеs - bеcаusе Gооglе will nоt shоw thеm all in sеаch rеsults fоr аny impоrtаnt kеywоrd duе tо lаck оf cоntеnt in аll thеsе TELs.

Sо nоbоdy will sее thеm, еxcеpt оf thеir оwnеrs аnd pеоplе whо purpоsеly will chеck thеm writing thеir nаmеs dirеctly in brоwsеrs (thе lаter pеоplе will bе, mоst prоbаbly, mеmbеrs оf this fоrum оr sо cаllеd "dоmаinеrs"). If nоbоdy will sее thеm thеn thеrе is nо diffеrеncе, аrе thеy nicе оr nоt, dо hаvе thеy fеw rоws оf cоntаcts оr nо.

avatar
TelBlogger
Insider
Insider

Gender : Male
Join date : 2012-04-29
Posts : 601 Points : 14689
Reputation : 272
Warning level : 75 %

Re: TIME TO QUIT .TEL ?

Post by TelBlogger on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 3:02 pm

Yes, but the .tels with sub-domains can get found for long-tail keywords. In fact quite a few of them (sub-domains) can be found. And once found a visitor may return for other information.

This despite the homepage keyword being very competitive.
avatar
Moonlight
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-08-10
Posts : 203 Points : 5760
Reputation : 79
Warning level : 100 %

Re: TIME TO QUIT .TEL ?

Post by Moonlight on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 5:44 pm

I noticed most participants here have a short-term business strategy.
People just give up if they haven't got rich after a few months.
With this mentality companies like Apple, Google and Microsoft would have never succeeded.
Probably 99 % of all businesses would have never succeeded.
Perhaps Telnames is not perfect yet, but how can you predict they won't deliver missing options?
avatar
Tim Spears
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-09-21
Posts : 345 Points : 10196
Reputation : 260
Warning level : 100 %

Re: TIME TO QUIT .TEL ?

Post by Tim Spears on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 6:02 pm

Moonlight wrote:Probably 99 % of all businesses would have never succeeded.
One exception exists: Facebook. Mark Zuckerberg had the right idea and couldn't do anything wrong, because he chose the right strategy (unlike Myspace).
If .tel wouldn't have needed almost a whole decade to launch the product, .tel could have taken that position. Now it's much more difficult to push Facebook away.
avatar
silvano
Senior Member
Senior Member

Location : Albenga - Italy
Gender : Male
Join date : 2012-08-08
Posts : 249 Points : 7431
Reputation : 180
Warning level : 100 %

Re: TIME TO QUIT .TEL ?

Post by silvano on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 6:09 pm

October 2012 - February 2013

Blue line: total .tel domains registered
Red line: total Telnames domains registered

avatar
Expert
Insider
Insider

Join date : 2012-08-10
Posts : 522 Points : 12411
Reputation : 351
Warning level : 100 %

Re: TIME TO QUIT .TEL ?

Post by Expert on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 12:46 am

Silvano, Are the numbers from October? Are the 1,696 for Telnames correct?
However with increasing popularity the growth rate for Telnames should increase, too.
No wonder the numbers for Telnic are declining, because nothing can be heard from Telnic.
avatar
silvano
Senior Member
Senior Member

Location : Albenga - Italy
Gender : Male
Join date : 2012-08-08
Posts : 249 Points : 7431
Reputation : 180
Warning level : 100 %

Re: TIME TO QUIT .TEL ?

Post by silvano on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 2:54 am

Expert wrote:Silvano, Are the numbers from October? Are the 1,696 for Telnames correct?
However with increasing popularity the growth rate for Telnames should increase, too.
No wonder the numbers for Telnic are declining, because nothing can be heard from Telnic.

263,173 and 1,696 are the starting point of the graphic (22 september 2012)

maxi
Insider
Insider

Join date : 2012-08-27
Posts : 973 Points : 21645
Reputation : 463
Warning level : 100 %

Re: TIME TO QUIT .TEL ?

Post by maxi on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 9:27 am

Moonlight wrote:I noticed most participants here have a short-term business strategy.
People just give up if they haven't got rich after a few months.
I think that from March of 2009 had passed 4 years already, not "a few months" as you say. The matter is not about "getting rich" but about the fact that politics of people who manage that business result in a company's constant movement downwards.

Moonlight wrote:Perhaps Telnames is not perfect yet, but how can you predict they won't deliver missing options?
I personally am not a fan of Telnames. No I am a fan of their product.
avatar
Expert
Insider
Insider

Join date : 2012-08-10
Posts : 522 Points : 12411
Reputation : 351
Warning level : 100 %

Re: TIME TO QUIT .TEL ?

Post by Expert on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 9:36 am

silvano wrote:263,173 and 1,696 are the starting point of the graphic (22 september 2012)
Then there really is momentum!
Every months Telnames sells more domains in comparison to before.
And the numbers are only from U.K.
The U.S. campaign hasn’t started yet.
avatar
Mad Max
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-09-22
Posts : 163 Points : 5901
Reputation : 152
Warning level : 100 %

Re: TIME TO QUIT .TEL ?

Post by Mad Max on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 12:08 pm

Expert wrote:No wonder the numbers for Telnic are declining, because nothing can be heard from Telnic.
where is the connection?
why numbers are declining during times when the customers at telnic get neglected?
is there a dependency?
avatar
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Location : Dorset UK
Join date : 2012-06-11
Posts : 2187 Points : 44299
Reputation : 829
Warning level : 100 %

Re: TIME TO QUIT .TEL ?

Post by mikeseaton on Fri 22 Feb 2013, 2:22 pm



___________________________________________________
Domain Sales: Afternic | Domains 123 |  Sedo
eBay Sites: Mike 321 UK | UK Marine Sales | UK Model Centre
Search Engines: Web | Video | Facebook | Google+ | Pinterest | Tel | Twitter
avatar
TelBlogger
Insider
Insider

Gender : Male
Join date : 2012-04-29
Posts : 601 Points : 14689
Reputation : 272
Warning level : 75 %

Re: TIME TO QUIT .TEL ?

Post by TelBlogger on Fri 22 Feb 2013, 3:31 pm

Telnic's ██████████████ (mistake) is that they had 250,00 captive domains which they could have marketed their improvements to at the cost of an extra dollar a domain perhaps.

The Telnames format should have been integrated to existing .tels. Their bizarre behavior beggars belief.


Last edited by Tel Forum on Wed 26 Jun 2013, 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Deletion of provocative wording)
avatar
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Location : Dorset UK
Join date : 2012-06-11
Posts : 2187 Points : 44299
Reputation : 829
Warning level : 100 %

Re: TIME TO QUIT .TEL ?

Post by mikeseaton on Mon 25 Feb 2013, 7:47 am



___________________________________________________
Domain Sales: Afternic | Domains 123 |  Sedo
eBay Sites: Mike 321 UK | UK Marine Sales | UK Model Centre
Search Engines: Web | Video | Facebook | Google+ | Pinterest | Tel | Twitter
avatar
Mad Max
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-09-22
Posts : 163 Points : 5901
Reputation : 152
Warning level : 100 %

Re: TIME TO QUIT .TEL ?

Post by Mad Max on Mon 25 Feb 2013, 8:31 am

avatar
Sunrise
Insider
Insider

Join date : 2012-08-10
Posts : 728 Points : 19318
Reputation : 538
Warning level : 100 %

Re: TIME TO QUIT .TEL ?

Post by Sunrise on Mon 25 Feb 2013, 9:19 am

It would be good enough if businesses from .tel websites get displayed on YP directories, but this plan has failed in 2011 because YP don't want to support with .tel their own competitor.
Because Telnic won't convince Google to build a special .tel section either, Telnic has to build a directory like http://www.checkatrade.com itself.
avatar
hulltv
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-07-05
Posts : 251 Points : 6868
Reputation : 64
Warning level : 75 %

Re: TIME TO QUIT .TEL ?

Post by hulltv on Mon 25 Feb 2013, 9:36 am

telnames or telnic have the worst managment just a matter of time when we see new blood.

clueless!


___________________________________________________
Unlock your phone APPS.TELL

maxi
Insider
Insider

Join date : 2012-08-27
Posts : 973 Points : 21645
Reputation : 463
Warning level : 100 %

Re: TIME TO QUIT .TEL ?

Post by maxi on Tue 26 Feb 2013, 4:39 am

hulltv wrote:telnames or telnic have the worst managment just a matter of time when we see new blood.

clueless!
Mountain gave birth to a mouse.



$35.000.000 : 7.000 = 5.000 $/TEL

That mathematics naturally rises a simple question: "Where is the money?"


avatar
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Location : Dorset UK
Join date : 2012-06-11
Posts : 2187 Points : 44299
Reputation : 829
Warning level : 100 %

Re: TIME TO QUIT .TEL ?

Post by mikeseaton on Mon 11 Mar 2013, 11:16 am



___________________________________________________
Domain Sales: Afternic | Domains 123 |  Sedo
eBay Sites: Mike 321 UK | UK Marine Sales | UK Model Centre
Search Engines: Web | Video | Facebook | Google+ | Pinterest | Tel | Twitter
avatar
hulltv
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-07-05
Posts : 251 Points : 6868
Reputation : 64
Warning level : 75 %

Re: TIME TO QUIT .TEL ?

Post by hulltv on Mon 11 Mar 2013, 12:14 pm

good move time is money and time spent on tel is a waste.


___________________________________________________
Unlock your phone APPS.TELL
avatar
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Location : Dorset UK
Join date : 2012-06-11
Posts : 2187 Points : 44299
Reputation : 829
Warning level : 100 %

Re: TIME TO QUIT .TEL ?

Post by mikeseaton on Tue 02 Apr 2013, 6:16 pm

Q. What have Telrific, Jens, TELcp, TelKing and many other forum members got in common ?

A. They've all decided that .tel, as it currently stands, is simply not worth spending any more of their valuable time on !

Reading the recent posts on this forum it becomes increasingly clear that we are fighting a losing battle against Telnic/Telnames determination to ignore so many of .tel's long-time customers.

You really do have to ask - Is it now TIME TO QUIT .TEL ?

http://MikeSeaton.tel


___________________________________________________
Domain Sales: Afternic | Domains 123 |  Sedo
eBay Sites: Mike 321 UK | UK Marine Sales | UK Model Centre
Search Engines: Web | Video | Facebook | Google+ | Pinterest | Tel | Twitter
avatar
TelBlogger
Insider
Insider

Gender : Male
Join date : 2012-04-29
Posts : 601 Points : 14689
Reputation : 272
Warning level : 75 %

Re: TIME TO QUIT .TEL ?

Post by TelBlogger on Tue 02 Apr 2013, 8:14 pm

With the registrar so determined to make .tel fail, one would have to not spend much time on development.

Sponsored content

Re: TIME TO QUIT .TEL ?

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Wed 28 Jun 2017, 6:41 am