WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Before you register a telname …

Share
avatar
xsuti
Newbie
Newbie

Join date : 2013-01-19
Posts : 1 Points : 1850
Reputation : 8
Warning level : 100 %

Before you register a telname …

Post by xsuti on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 10:59 am

… think about the consequences:
- Your telname will never be on page one of Google, because search engine optimization isn't possible since you can't enter much text or content. Additional folders are missing completely.
- If you want to do search engine optimization with different methods than with rich content, then you are a specialist. As a specialist you want to use a complete and bigger website.
- It exists no other search engine for telnames to use, because telpages is only used by Telnic fans which are rare in numbers.
- Nobody will ever search for companynameXYZinBristol.tel if the searcher doesn't know your company name. Internet users will only search for LocksmithBristol.tel.
- Instead of registering your telname at Telnames, you can do it at Telnic with more options. But certainly you don't want to give a bad impression about your company with bad design. Then this is not an option.
- Presenting your company on the internet is a serious decision. Don't choose the provider that offers you the fastest way of creating a domain. Instead choose a provider that gives you advanced options in case you want to extend your website later.
avatar
Expert
Insider
Insider

Join date : 2012-08-10
Posts : 522 Points : 12582
Reputation : 351
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Before you register a telname …

Post by Expert on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 11:50 am

All could be improved:
xsuti wrote:- Your telname will never be on page one of Google, because search engine optimization isn't possible since you can't enter much text or content. Additional folders are missing completely.
- If you want to do search engine optimization with different methods than with rich content, then you are a specialist. As a specialist you want to use a complete and bigger website.
Provide subdomains!
xsuti wrote:- It exists no other search engine for telnames to use, because telpages is only used by Telnic fans which are rare in numbers.
Make Telpages nice and useful!
xsuti wrote:- Nobody will ever search for companynameXYZinBristol.tel if the searcher doesn't know your company name. Internet users will only search for LocksmithBristol.tel.
Choose the right domain name!
xsuti wrote:- Instead of registering your telname at Telnames, you can do it at Telnic with more options. But certainly you don't want to give a bad impression about your company with bad design. Then this is not an option.
Provide the Telnames design!
xsuti wrote:- Presenting your company on the internet is a serious decision. Don't choose the provider that offers you the fastest way of creating a domain. Instead choose a provider that gives you advanced options in case you want to extend your website later.
If Telnic would do the things above, Telnic could be such provider.
avatar
TelFan
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-05-31
Posts : 299 Points : 8340
Reputation : 83
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Before you register a telname …

Post by TelFan on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 3:18 pm

Expert wrote:Provide subdomains!

Make Telpages nice and useful!

Provide the Telnames design!

If Telnic would do the things above, Telnic could be such provider.
That doesn't sound impossible. Only with a few measures .tel could get huge potential.
avatar
silvano
Senior Member
Senior Member

.tel domain : albenga.tel
Number of .tel domains : 6
Location : Albenga - Italy
Gender : Male
Join date : 2012-08-08
Posts : 285 Points : 8634
Reputation : 192
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Before you register a telname …

Post by silvano on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 3:30 pm

xsuti wrote:… think about the consequences:...

A clear vision of tel's world and its problems!
avatar
Mad Max
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-09-22
Posts : 163 Points : 6072
Reputation : 152
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Before you register a telname …

Post by Mad Max on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 3:38 pm

TelFan wrote:
Expert wrote:Provide subdomains!

Make Telpages nice and useful!

Provide the Telnames design!

If Telnic would do the things above, Telnic could be such provider.
That doesn't sound impossible. Only with a few measures .tel could get huge potential.
the tel community knows all of this since long - why telnic needs years to understand these simple things?
avatar
Sunrise
Insider
Insider

Join date : 2012-08-10
Posts : 736 Points : 19711
Reputation : 540
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Before you register a telname …

Post by Sunrise on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 4:09 pm

Mad Max wrote:
TelFan wrote:
Expert wrote:Provide subdomains!

Make Telpages nice and useful!

Provide the Telnames design!

If Telnic would do the things above, Telnic could be such provider.
That doesn't sound impossible. Only with a few measures .tel could get huge potential.
the tel community knows all of this since long - why telnic needs years to understand these simple things?
No doubt Telnic will give in one day, because they can't ignore the reality forever!
avatar
NewYorkCity
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-10-12
Posts : 71 Points : 3592
Reputation : 58
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Before you register a telname …

Post by NewYorkCity on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 5:03 pm

xsuti wrote:… think about the consequences:
- Your telname will never be on page one of Google, because search engine optimization isn't possible since you can't enter much text or content. Additional folders are missing completely.
- If you want to do search engine optimization with different methods than with rich content, then you are a specialist. As a specialist you want to use a complete and bigger website.
- It exists no other search engine for telnames to use, because telpages is only used by Telnic fans which are rare in numbers.
- Nobody will ever search for companynameXYZinBristol.tel if the searcher doesn't know your company name. Internet users will only search for LocksmithBristol.tel.
- Instead of registering your telname at Telnames, you can do it at Telnic with more options. But certainly you don't want to give a bad impression about your company with bad design. Then this is not an option.
- Presenting your company on the internet is a serious decision. Don't choose the provider that offers you the fastest way of creating a domain. Instead choose a provider that gives you advanced options in case you want to extend your website later.
!!!

fustachio.tel
Senior Member
Senior Member

Gender : Male
Age : 34
Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig
Join date : 2012-06-23
Posts : 415 Points : 9458
Reputation : 140
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Before you register a telname …

Post by fustachio.tel on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 5:18 pm

whats with the shill account? have we really got to that point some of you need to make shill/fake accounts just to hide from criticism? or legalities? If you believe in what you say use your real/known ID don't just hide behind alts as it's cowardice.
.
Also using this forum as a method of attack against a service you dislike should be against the rules, aka making new accounts to shill points of view via SEO should be against the rules, where as posting this opinion under your own known name/id should not as it's an opinion then and not a shill topic. Also 7 likes? come on how many other accounts did you login to just to click on those to fabricate conciseness? 5? 6? or all 7? while I can see you have comments from many members I must suggest you at least post a hello before you post negative topics so we can see you're an actual person and not just a shill account.
.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill I think you are shilling because you have interest in selling telnic domains and are scared of telnames doing well. And telnames will do well and it's pure speculation about not being at the top of the SEO, you get what you put into it so if you actually have a marketing plan and not just reliant on SEO then you have no reason to complain as you get all the traffic you need. Or should I respectively call you a Sock puppet? it's hard for me to decide as I don't use these terms much.

fustachio.tel
Senior Member
Senior Member

Gender : Male
Age : 34
Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig
Join date : 2012-06-23
Posts : 415 Points : 9458
Reputation : 140
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Before you register a telname …

Post by fustachio.tel on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 5:29 pm

I would have more faith in you and what you posted if you had said, Hi I'm such and such and I just bought a telnames domain and I found this issues etc or I wanted to share what I found was wrong with it, which is a legitimate pov from an actual customer etc, you however think we're stupid as you just come into the forum and on your first post you attack the service via the SEO ranking of this forum. That should be an instant ban however I can only point out my POV which is that I believe your another round of shill/fake/sock puppet attack accounts which I hope teltalk will keep an eye on.
avatar
NewYorkCity
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-10-12
Posts : 71 Points : 3592
Reputation : 58
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Before you register a telname …

Post by NewYorkCity on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 5:32 pm

fustachio.tel wrote:using this forum as a method of attack against a service you dislike
But it sounds like constructive criticism and gives good inside for what will be important for .tel.
avatar
GoTel
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2013-01-19
Posts : 249 Points : 7114
Reputation : 163
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Before you register a telname …

Post by GoTel on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:57 pm

xsuti wrote:… think about the consequences:
- Your telname will never be on page one of Google, because search engine optimization isn't possible since you can't enter much text or content. Additional folders are missing completely.
- If you want to do search engine optimization with different methods than with rich content, then you are a specialist. As a specialist you want to use a complete and bigger website.
- It exists no other search engine for telnames to use, because telpages is only used by Telnic fans which are rare in numbers.
- Nobody will ever search for companynameXYZinBristol.tel if the searcher doesn't know your company name. Internet users will only search for LocksmithBristol.tel.
- Instead of registering your telname at Telnames, you can do it at Telnic with more options. But certainly you don't want to give a bad impression about your company with bad design. Then this is not an option.
- Presenting your company on the internet is a serious decision. Don't choose the provider that offers you the fastest way of creating a domain. Instead choose a provider that gives you advanced options in case you want to extend your website later.

I was looking at http://teldomains.co/?go=telnames

I found hundreds of outstanding Telnames pages.

I Google some of them and they are on page one, Telnames or old .tel both.

Try this search on Google.

Yellow Search

Looks like .tel is not a problem either way !?

A Telnames directory is needed to make it great.
avatar
NewYorkCity
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-10-12
Posts : 71 Points : 3592
Reputation : 58
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Before you register a telname …

Post by NewYorkCity on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 8:04 pm

GoTel wrote:Try this search on Google.

Yellow Search

Looks like .tel is not a problem either way !?
The domain ys.tel is owned by one of the most experienced .tel specialists - and it's a domain at Telnic.


Do you have an example from Telnames showing a good position at Google?
avatar
Expert
Insider
Insider

Join date : 2012-08-10
Posts : 522 Points : 12582
Reputation : 351
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Before you register a telname …

Post by Expert on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 8:20 pm

NewYorkCity wrote:Do you have an example from Telnames showing a good position at Google?
Telname theploughappleton.tel, but it's only famous because it was promoted by Telnames extensively.
Alternatively freelistings.tel, but that one is owned by another expert.
avatar
Boracay
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-11-07
Posts : 243 Points : 6937
Reputation : 92
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Before you register a telname …

Post by Boracay on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 9:09 pm

fustachio.tel wrote:That should be an instant ban however I can only point out my POV which is that I believe your another round of shill/fake/sock puppet attack accounts which I hope teltalk will keep an eye on.

also, as teltalk appears to be climbing the ranks re .tel in general, gaming the forum could also be discussed and some rules set in place.


___________________________________________________
www.Resorts.tel (a combined .telnic, and .telname)

www.boracay.tel (a directory of "resorts") voted world's number 1 island resort destination of 2012
www.bali.tel (a directory of "resorts") voted world's number 2 island resort destination of 2012
avatar
Moonlight
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-08-10
Posts : 203 Points : 5931
Reputation : 79
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Before you register a telname …

Post by Moonlight on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 9:42 pm

avatar
GoTel
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2013-01-19
Posts : 249 Points : 7114
Reputation : 163
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Before you register a telname …

Post by GoTel on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 9:52 pm

NewYorkCity wrote:
GoTel wrote:Try this search on Google.

Yellow Search

Looks like .tel is not a problem either way !?
The domain ys.tel is owned by one of the most experienced .tel specialists - and it's a domain at Telnic.


Do you have an example from Telnames showing a good position at Google?



That's why I used that example specifically:

yellowsearch.org (.org)

ys.tel (standard .tel)

yellowsearch.tel (telnames .tel)

ALL are in a row on Google page 1, in the U.S. anyway.

http://www.google.com/search?q=yellow+search

-

maxi
Insider
Insider

Join date : 2012-08-27
Posts : 998 Points : 22319
Reputation : 466
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Before you register a telname …

Post by maxi on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 10:53 pm

Only few people search for a combination "yellow search". Statistics shows their number: "yellow search" 40,500. It is any keyword.


Last edited by maxi on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

maxi
Insider
Insider

Join date : 2012-08-27
Posts : 998 Points : 22319
Reputation : 466
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Before you register a telname …

Post by maxi on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 10:53 pm

And for "yellow searches" Google's keyword tool shows "0" searches.

avatar
GoTel
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2013-01-19
Posts : 249 Points : 7114
Reputation : 163
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Before you register a telname …

Post by GoTel on Sun 20 Jan 2013, 12:08 am

maxi wrote:Only few people search for a combination "yellow search". Statistics shows their number: "yellow search" 40,500. It is any keyword.

I would take 40,500 hits a month for Google page 1 .tel results any day !!!

maxi
Insider
Insider

Join date : 2012-08-27
Posts : 998 Points : 22319
Reputation : 466
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Before you register a telname …

Post by maxi on Sun 20 Jan 2013, 6:34 am

GoTel wrote:
maxi wrote:Only few people search for a combination "yellow search". Statistics shows their number: "yellow search" 40,500. It is any keyword.

I would take 40,500 hits a month for Google page 1 .tel results any day !!!
I wish you to go to first places as soon as possible!

P.S.
From those "common" 40,500 hits, the number of the "exact" hits are 480 in the month. It means that 480 times people types in the Google's search window the exact frase "Yellow search".

If you will check this exact frase in Google every day, for example 4 times a day, then your own searches (4 x 30 = 120) we need to take off from that number of 480. Then the number of cases when another people will print this exact frase would be: 480 - 120 = 360.

avatar
GoTel
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2013-01-19
Posts : 249 Points : 7114
Reputation : 163
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Before you register a telname …

Post by GoTel on Sun 20 Jan 2013, 8:33 am

maxi wrote:Then the number of cases when another people will print this exact frase would be: 480 - 120 = 360.


Over 4,300 hits per year for one Telname on Google front page in the U.S. only.
Still valuable traffic, with all the world even higher for that example.

Mine are not getting that much!

Sponsored content

Re: Before you register a telname …

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Sat 16 Dec 2017, 9:51 am