WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Prediction about the future of .tel

NewYorkCity
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Warning level : 100 %

Prediction about the future of .tel

Post by NewYorkCity on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 5:11 pm

Telnames will continue gaining about 35 new customers per day (average) in 2013.

Meanwhile Telnic will continue losing about 200 customers per day (average) in 2013.

At the end of 2013 .tel will have less than 200,000 registrations.

2014 Telnic will decide to bring good design (Telnames) and sub domains (Telnic) together.

Furthermore Telpages will be developed and will change into the first global phone book.

After that the turnaround will be accomplished and .tel could take off.

fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Re: Prediction about the future of .tel

Post by fustachio.tel on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 6:18 pm

Thing is with telnames is that small business is building a customer base one to one through it as they build their rep and give out paper/plastic contact cards etc, small and large businesses advertise/market their URL on their cards/cars/cabs/buses/vans/trucks/carts/baskets/promo-goods/posters/yellow-pages etc therefor always complaining about SEO is redundant as that's not how small business is reliant on customers (that's how resellers, advert scabs and normal websites are reliant) most small business is yes looking for local work but if they're local they're all ready known local or have small brand recognition aka word of mouth which translates into those people recommending! plumbfetch.tel not just any plumber.tel.
Now I use modeler.tel due to testing out telnames before I was going to move my fustachio.tel to it, do you know what ranks first? my twitter then wikifur(wiki bio), then deviantart then bunjie.tel?! why bunjie.tel well that's what I used to go by before I started to refine my online persona, thing is that bunjie.tel is in the DMOZ and is just a redirect but it ranks better and fustachio.tel which is a redirect also but isn't anywhere to be seen, Google does not like redirects unless DMOZ listed apparently.
So what have we learned? that just having a URL and expecting SEO is the only thing to care about is folly as is expecting SEO to be magic on it's own, it's never going to be the only source of advertisement and for small business that can likely only take so many orders/servicing/repairs/contracts per day this coupled with the FACT that Google deranks generic keywords that are pages people camp to make money and ranks up business/people names which is what telnames attracts then people complaing about SEO is, yep you guessed it FOLLY, telnic proxy only attracted resellers with little content so loosing those people is not a problem as those domains are then able to be picked up by telnames businesses provided they're not generic junk which most are vs telnames with unique business/individuals who direct all their marketing towards it as they give it out which in turn helps it rank higher, you also have OATH so theres NO reason why anyone who does anything in a particular industry should not be surfing related sites and making real opnionated comments with a link back to their brand/business.
So again the angle others have posted on other posts about not being top of the SEO is fraudulent as telnames is for business names/brands not generic keywords (that people want to sell) that compete with other tlds, which I feel is what others are complaining about as they telnames keywords don't rank well, but they shouldn't! as telnames is for unique/registered trademark business names/brands and not some trash keyword like "coffee.tel", or "crayon.tel". And the fact URL is not as important as is letting Google know where you are aka putting plumbfetch.tel with a Google map I'm sure lets Google know you're in bristol so when people lookup plumbers bristol they find you without having bristolplumbfetch.tel.
But I'm not an expert I'm just opinionated that it takes more effort than being reliant on a URL like resellers and generaic websites are (that those resellers here want to use this site to claim telnames is bad, bad to them as they just want to sell trash), and most real business/traders are adverting as they sell their goods or travel to other jobs.

Last edited by fustachio.tel on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 6:23 pm

The other thing is as mobiles get more geosynchronous so services are found vis SIRI etc or internal search systems you don't need bristolplumbfetch.tel you just need plumbfetch.tel showing on it your GEO is bristol which those mobiles/searches will pick up on and advert you to the correct people looking local.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 21 Aug 2017, 4:29 am