WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

please host the .apk android downloads at teltalk

fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig
Warning level : 100 %

please host the .apk android downloads at teltalk

Post by fustachio.tel on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 5:45 pm

I'll keep this simple' my pc broke so I ordered an android tablet 4.0.4 don't know what branch of operating system i'd say basic unforked. I had trouble installing google play it won't run on here, it crashes too much and I found out that the google play website only supports specific makes of tablet and mobiles they have to reg with google so it restricts downloads of the sync google play app. But the store does allow you to download if it seems compatable and you installed the google play app from a .apk file. So point is I have been able to install working .apk of great apps yet telnames and mytel and superbook are not compatable with my tablet according to google play which makes me think telnic is showing its obsessive compatablity restrictions again which is likely holding them back in sales. So I think teltalk should host the .apk files for download so they can be found by people who can't use the google play store and can not be stonewalled by telnics compatablity compulsive disorder where all has be perfect.
Expert
Insider
Insider

Re: please host the .apk android downloads at teltalk

Post by Expert on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 7:08 pm

Do you mean this?
My.tel: http://dev.telnic.org/trac/log/site/downloads/mytel_android.apk
Have you tried to request it from Telnames? support@telnames.com

fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 8:07 pm

Thanks, I also have a habbit of not directly contacting them via email after I over used there contact page back when I was really into tel, long story short I never expect a reply I just hoped they went into the idea pot, tho I do tweet shout at them from time to time but never listen for an answer. You prob noticed here I rare reply i just talk to myself and the 99% reading, keeps people thinking I hope and maybe starts a convo in another thread I can watch blosom but not be the focal point of as I don't want to be too pushy. Anyway thx for the link I knew it was burried somewhere there it just takes to much effort as I have 101 things to catch up on paying bills etc. One otherthing if telnic is reading if you detect I have or someone has a compatable handset when I/they login the telnames cp ask if I want to install the app all other sites do, then give me it direct file download. Also I pushed a forum thx button idk what that's for but it seemed to do something to your posting.. guess I'll see when I post if its added some quote thing.

fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 8:19 pm

Well that failed to install so I feel better knowing its not a google issue,, I hope the next time they update they open up restrictions to support more generic tablets as its not just ipad and branded android handsets/tablets anymore etc many companies in the android game like pcs when they moved past a handfull of offerings.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 Nov 2017, 2:42 am